PORTOBELLO ANTIQUES DEALERS ASSOCIATION CODE
Members of PADA must:
1. Either show the full price of each item clearly on a ticket or
have a book in which the description of each item and its full price
are recorded. This information must be shown to potential customers
2. Give customers as much information about each item as is reasonably
possible: for example, the materials from which the item is made,
the name of the maker if known, the approximate date of manufacture
and any major restoration.
3. Issue customers with a proper invoice showing the description
of the item as shown on the label or described verbally, the price
at which the item was sold and the name, address, telephone number
and VAT registration number, if applicable, of the member.
4. Record all payments or deposits clearly, showing the terms on
which the advance payment or deposit was taken and the date on which
the balance must be paid.
Members must not:
1. Misrepresent or attempt to confuse or mislead members of the public
or falsely describe any item they are attempting to sell or buy.
2. Misrepresent their membership of PADA as a guarantee of authenticity
of any item offered for sale.
PADA offers a conciliation service for customers and members who
feel that they have been unfairly treated and where customer and
member have not been able to resolve their dispute. Members are expected
to co-operate in this procedure.
The Association has the following honorary officers:
Company Registration No. 3086215. Registered in Cardiff, Wales.
Portobello Road Antique Dealers Association
111 Portobello Road W11 2QB
Te/Fax: 020 7229 8354 (ANTIQUES ENQUIRIES ONLY)
E-mail: (antique enquiries only)
GET A PDF COPY OF THE OFFICIAL
GUIDE - just click on the picture of the guide